Recreation and Fitness
With help from our volunteers and Community Partners,Samaritan Center provides an array of activities that open our boys to new opportunities and possibilities.
Because participating in these extra-curricular pastimes is a privilege that must be earned, they also provide an important incentive for making the right choices on a daily basis. On campus, we provide facilities and equipment for swimming, biking, basketball and more.
Additional recreational options include:
- An organized sports program coached by a member of The Fellowship of Christian Athletes, where the boys learn teamwork and sportsmanship
- Sailing classes at the U.S. Sailing Center in Jensen Beach, which include lessons on water safety.
- Fishing trips - fresh and saltwater
- Golf lessons in conjunction with The First Tee program, which also teaches honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgement.
- Live theatrical performances at the Lyric Theatre in Stuart.