For nearly 50 years, Samaritan Center’s primary purpose has been to help young boys with behavioral issues become young men of character. We prevent them from adopting a lifetime of poor choices and inappropriate (and/or potentially criminal) behavior, so they can succeed in life. We want them to contribute to the betterment of their families and their community. We are in the business of reconciling families and building men....one boy at a time.
We accomplish this through a comprehensive, Christian, residential program. Although our boys reside at the Samaritan Center during the week, we are not simply a boarding school. We are an all-encompassing behavioral program designed to address every aspect of a boy's life.
It is imperative that each boy's family be actively involved in our program to achieve and maintain a healthy and fully functioning family dynamic. This is the only way to ensure a lifetime change: not only for the boy, but for his entire family . . . and generations to come.
Samaritan Center’s program is tailored to help boys in 1st through 8th grade who are exhibiting challenging behaviors such as:
• “Acting out” at home or in school
• Struggling or failing in their academic performance
• Coping with ADD/ADHD
• Lying and adopting deceptive ways
• Defying and/or disrespecting authority
• Experiencing issues with impulse control
• Displaying communication obstacles
• Exhibiting problems from anger, anxiety, or fear